Monday, December 22, 2008

I do not accept the following quilt tops

  • Tee shirt quilts or any quilts with stretch knit fabrics.
  • Denim quilts made from heavy jeans or any heavy weight fabrics.
  • Quilts with applique that has been applied with thick fusible webbing, it's like quilting through cardboard.
  • Quilts with severe construction problems like: blocks that puff up and do not lay flat, warped quilts, warped borders. Warped quilts are difficult to even load on the machine, it is best to fix these problems before you bring me your quilt top.
  • Batik backings, I have found that every time I do a quilt with batik backing fabric it throws a wrench in the tension on my machine and can take hours and hours to get the tension back to normal. I think this is due to the nature of the fabric. I've had problems with other fabrics as well, like polished cottons.
  • Backing fabric that is poly/cotton

No comments: